Monday, July 11, 2016

A family physician's favorite podcasts

Four days out of the week, my round-trip commute to my academic or clinical offices averages between 60 and 90 minutes (the other day I typically telework). That's between 4 and 6 hours I previously spent listening to the same songs over and over on the radio, until I belatedly discovered podcasts. Aside from a few sports and television-themed podcasts, most entries on my regular listening list relate to topics covered on Common Sense Family Doctor, and occasionally provide inspiration for future posts.

History

BackStory with the American History Guys
The Civil War (1861-1865): A History Podcast
Radiolab Presents: More Perfect
Revisionist History

Health policy and current events

Health Affairs: Events
Intersections
POLITICO's Pulse Check
This American Life
Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!
Vox's The Weeds

Prevention and fitness

Human Race
The Runner's World Show

Clinical and academic medicine

Academic Medicine Podcast Series
AFP: American Family Physician Podcast
Hidden Brain
Public Health Behind the Scenes
Signal